The City of Mississauga will begin intersection improvement and road construction of Ninth Line from Eglinton Avenue to Skyview Street and intersection improvements at Burdette Terrace and Henrietta Way. The work will include curb replacement and curb widening, sidewalk replacement, asphalt paving, traffic signals and line painting. The purpose of this work is to improve north-south transportation capacity and to construct entrances for the new community centre at Burdette Terrace and Henrietta Way.
Road / Pedestrian Restrictions
- Ninth Line will be reduced to one (1) traffic lane at times during construction hours. Flag persons will be present to direct traffic during lane reductions.
- Left turns might be restricted
- Temporary sidewalk restrictions will be experienced along Ninth Line
- Driveway access to homes/businesses in the work area will be maintained at all times
- Widening of the east side of Ninth Line from Eglinton Avenue to Skyview Street
- Installation of left turn lanes and traffic signals at Burdette Terrace and Henrietta Way
- Repairing affected areas
- Full restoration of the construction area including sod
- Royal Ready Construction Limited is the contractor
The work is expected to start July 31 and be completed around November 1, weather permitting. Working hours are 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend work will be limited and only on an as-needed basis.
Ninth Line will be reduced to one single lane of traffic at brief periods during construction hours. Expect significant delays.
Sidewalk restrictions are anticipated and bus stops may need to be moved temporarily. Transit travel times may be impacted on affected bus routes (#9 and #35). Please check miway.ca for any changes or delays.
If you must travel in this area, please leave extra time to get to your destination. If you can find an alternative route, please do so. Thank you for your attention to this notice and for your patience and understanding as this work is completed and needed to better serve the residents of Ward 10.