Please find below our update regarding the investigation of the water infiltration incident of July 14th and the overall mitigation strategy for the Lisgar community.
- The leakage testing of the Phase 1 storm sewer lining (in the Golden Locust Drive area) was completed on Wednesday, July 26th. We are anticipating receiving the testing report within the next two weeks.
- Our consultant has advised that the memo summarizing the monitoring results of the July 14th water infiltration incident requires additional time for preparation and review and may not be provided to the City until next week.
- Works Operations and Maintenance is continuing with its weather monitoring practices and the High Water Protocol for the deployment of FDC pumps as required.
- CCTV inspections and flushing of the FDC sewer system is ongoing. The inspection reports are being forwarded to the consultant for review as they come in.
- Staff will work with the consultant on the findings of their monitoring data from the July 14th incident to develop additional next steps for the investigation and mitigation plan.
- Our consultant will analyse the results of the storm sewer system leakage testing and will provide recommendations to staff on next steps for lining works.
- Staff will prioritize and address any maintenance issues that are identified by the CCTV inspections.
- The consulting will continue with design of the Trench Dewater System at Black Walnut Trail and Cactus Gate and will evaluate options in consideration of data collected from the incident on July 14th. Staff will work with the consultant on the system design options and considerations over the next few weeks.